In mid-August I watched AH-64D Apache Longbow helicopters fire rockets and cannon at targets on Range 40 at Camp Grayling, Michigan. The exercise included ground troops, mortars, artillery and US Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II ground attack fighters.
Here are the Apaches firing rockets and cannon:
Next post I will show the ground crews loading the rockets and 30mm chain gun.
Veteran of four wars, four enlistments, four branches: Air Force, Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard. I am both an AF (Air Force) veteran and as Veteran AF (As Fuck)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am accustomed to thinking of modern life as a world of networks. The internet and social media make networks almost impossible to ignore...
-
When I re-enlisted in the Army in 2007, I saw several soldiers with Μολων Λαβε tattoos and Μολων Λαβε stickers on their pickup trucks. I...
-
Tasks, Conditions and Standards is how we learn to do everything in the Army. If you are assigned to be the machine gunner in a rifle squad...
-
Senatus Populusque Romanus The Senate and People of Rome Some of the soldiers I served with in Iraq talked about getting an SPQR tat...
No comments:
Post a Comment