Yesterday, my wife and I were talking about getting a dog. We are going on vacation in August on two different weeks so we want to get a dog in September.
We were talking about going to the Humane League and then were wondering if there was some kind of Craigslist category for pet owners moving to a new town who can't take their dog. I know when an Army unit moves out for a large deployment or relocation, there is a scramble to find homes for pets.
If anyone knows of a list like that where we could give a home to a dog that needs a home, let me know. We are looking for a medium-size to large dog. Definitely a dog who likes kids.
Veteran of four wars, four enlistments, four branches: Air Force, Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard. I am both an AF (Air Force) veteran and as Veteran AF (As Fuck)
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Partly Strong, Partly Broken by Nathaniel Popkin
Nathaniel Popkin’s Partly Strong, Partly Broken is a novel about a Jewish congregation, but it is really about the much larger question o...
-
When I re-enlisted in the Army in 2007, I saw several soldiers with Μολων Λαβε tattoos and Μολων Λαβε stickers on their pickup trucks. I...
-
Tasks, Conditions and Standards is how we learn to do everything in the Army. If you are assigned to be the machine gunner in a rifle squad...
-
Senatus Populusque Romanus The Senate and People of Rome Some of the soldiers I served with in Iraq talked about getting an SPQR tat...
Do you still have two dogs?
ReplyDeleteI like the German Shepherd. Beautiful, intelligent, loyal breed, protective, typically good with kids. And he's very photogenic.
ReplyDelete