Friday, August 16, 2024

Buy or Rent? I Bought a Bike in Panama

 


My second day in Panama, I bought a Giant SCR 16-speed aluminum road bike.  I bought the bike for $500 at a used bike shop in a residential neighborhood near the canal called ReCyclingPTY. They had road and mountain bikes of many vintages.  They also rent bikes for $50 per day  or $200 per week so $500 to buy for 6 to 9 months is a much better deal for me.

Andre, the owner, will also sell the bike on consignment when I leave. 

Right after I bought the bike I rode to the first lock on the Panama Canal.  Soon I hope to ride the length of the canal continuing on the same road.   

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy and post some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good decision, owning a bicycle always give you a personal connection that during your journey, somehow, gives you an extra satisfaction.
    I am also currently living in Panama city and there's no route I enjoy more than the one cinta costera an causeway they open on Sundays, hopefully I'll see you around one of this days!

    ReplyDelete

Israel: A Simple Guide to the Most Misunderstood Country on Earth

  I just finished  Israel: A Simple Guide to the Most Misunderstood Country on Earth by Noa Tishby .  The title is a promise fulfilled.  I ...