Maybe not THIS Fast. . ..
We got a message from Haiti tonight that it is possible (MAYBE) we can adopt Xavier after all. All the indications up to now had been negative, but a ray of hope came through tonight in the form of an letter from a Haitian attorney who really seems to know what is going on with the case.
If we decide to retain her and make this one last attempt to adopt Xavier, I will be using some of my vacation in the next couple of weeks to travel to Harrisburg, New York and Washington to get the required paperwork notarized, apostiled (a special notarization) and certified by the Haitian consulate or embassy.
I had already planned to stop working full time and become a consultant/writer for my current employer. That will mean I work a lot less, but more importantly I will work at home. I will no longer be commuting to Philadelphia. I will work at home and take care of the boys. In addition, I may be doing whatever paperwork is necessary to get Xavier here to America.
I thought the change would begin June 5 when I go to Army Annual Training. But it turns out I will need to use or lose my vacation and personal days before June 6, so I will be in Philadelphia much less than I thought while I use all the vacation I saved up to take care for the boys this summer.
Last week I thought my new life was coming slowly into focus. Now it is happening a lot faster.
It should be interesting.