Veteran of four wars, four enlistments, four branches: Air Force, Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard. I am both an AF (Air Force) veteran and as Veteran AF (As Fuck)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Partly Strong, Partly Broken by Nathaniel Popkin
Nathaniel Popkin’s Partly Strong, Partly Broken is a novel about a Jewish congregation, but it is really about the much larger question o...
-
When I re-enlisted in the Army in 2007, I saw several soldiers with Μολων Λαβε tattoos and Μολων Λαβε stickers on their pickup trucks. I...
-
Tasks, Conditions and Standards is how we learn to do everything in the Army. If you are assigned to be the machine gunner in a rifle squad...
-
Senatus Populusque Romanus The Senate and People of Rome Some of the soldiers I served with in Iraq talked about getting an SPQR tat...

He is such a handsome young man. Is he doing any better? My heart aches for him and you, his foster parents who tried so hard. I really admire your efforts.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much. It is a difficult situation. In an odd way, my wife and I are better prepared for it than most people we know. The risks we take have led us both to failure. Most people don't know the feeling of big, public failure. We know our next adoption is set up to go bad.
ReplyDelete