Here it is in case you had trouble with the link.
Veteran of four wars, four enlistments, four branches: Air Force, Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard. I am both an AF (Air Force) veteran and as Veteran AF (As Fuck)
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rereading Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
Earlier this year I reread Julius Caesar , probably for the fourth time in forty years. I first encountered the play as an undergraduate, a...
-
When I re-enlisted in the Army in 2007, I saw several soldiers with Μολων Λαβε tattoos and Μολων Λαβε stickers on their pickup trucks. I...
-
Tasks, Conditions and Standards is how we learn to do everything in the Army. If you are assigned to be the machine gunner in a rifle squad...
-
Senatus Populusque Romanus The Senate and People of Rome Some of the soldiers I served with in Iraq talked about getting an SPQR tat...
Hey, I loved the fruit cakes. I'd trade the smokes for fruit cakes....
ReplyDeleteMREs are ok, unless you're stuck on some crappy fob and have to eat them for lunch every day....then, you just pick out a few things and leave the rest.
On my last exercise in 1991, we were issued rat packs that were older than I was. They were produced in 1966, and had been left in the back of an Army warehouse somewhere.
ReplyDeleteApart from the chocolate bar "blooming", they were fine. Well, as far as a rat pack can be "fine".
I was expecting you to light up some C4 and cook that can of beans.