Thursday, December 11, 2008

Non-Deployable (for now)

Today we went through another round of medical screening. We got more shots and another dental x-ray. For most of us, the visit with the doctor took about two minutes. Mine was longer. I had to explain the surgery, the rehab and my projected time for recovery. The doctor marked my processing folder "No Go" and sent me down the hill to my "Non-Deployable Soldier" counselor. She went through all the steps I need to get myself declared fit for deployment and gave me the form my surgeon will have to fill out to say I am healthy again. Given the rehab schedule, it looks like I will be very close to my deployment date when the surgeon says yes or no.

I think I'll skip breakfast tomorrow. Eating Army--today it was eggs, sausage, pancakes, and cereal--is make my UnderArmor feel tighter across my stomach.

6 comments:

  1. thats to bad, but im sure youll be back to 100% soon enough, just in time to fill out a whole new batch of paperwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 12/12/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expected Neil? Or are you still on the same rehab track that you planned pre-surgery? Stay confident young fella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better work on your one handed push ups. If I can do them, so can you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man... bummer.... that stinks that it will be real close to your deployment date before you find out for sure one way or another. Yikes! Extra prayers going up for ya now... I'm sure you'll be able to git-r-done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your support. i really think it will work out fine. I just have to be recovered enough to do 21 pushups in 2 minutes before I go. I did 100 situps yesterday and ran 3 miles, so the rest of the PT test is back on track.

    ReplyDelete

Persia Renamed Iran in 1935 By a Nazi-Admiring Shah

Reza Shah Pahlavi, Nazi devotee In 1935, Reza Shah, founder of the Pahlavi dynasty felt the winds of history blowing across the world. He wa...