Monday, March 15, 2010

Entered in Tough Mudder Race on my 57th Birthday

Photo from Rappel Tower Confidence Course, Fort Sill, OK, 2009

On May 2nd when I turn 57 I will be competing in the Tough Mudder race at Bear Creek Ski Resort in Pennsylvania. The organizers call it:

The Toughest one day event on the planet. This is not your average mud run or boring, spirit-crushing road race. Our 7 mile obstacle courses are designed by British Special Forces to test all around toughness, strength, stamina, fitness, camaraderie, and mental grit. Forget about your race time. Simply completing the event is a badge of honor. Not everyone will finish, but those who do make it to our post-race party will have truly earned the right to call themselves a Tough Mudder. All Tough Mudder sponsorship proceeds go to our exclusive charity partner, The Wounded Warrior Project. DogFish Head Brewery has generously agreed to provide FREE Post-Race Beer.

From the Web site it looks like an obstacle course on steroids. Check it out. I am planning on being very sore May 3.

6 comments:

  1. Yes! A few of my friends are doing the race...due to my profile I am not allowed to compete, nor would I want to...there is a field flaming on fire you have to run through in the end!!! Instead I am doing the SPROUTE Sprint here in Richmond Va..Good Luck Gussman : )

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki--great to hear you are healthy and competing--even with a profile.
    Sarah--What could be more fun???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll do well Neil. Have a great time. When you get done, send British Special Forces folks who desingned the course an email and let them know "It's a great warm-up routine, but where's the real course?" Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such military activity, right? Is it possible for women to do it? I think it must be done by strong people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women did very well when I did it. Power to weight matters. And it is a cooerative event so you will get help on obstacles if needed.

    ReplyDelete

Exhibit of Contemporary Art from Ukraine and Talk by Vladislav Davidzon at Abington Arts

I went to "Affirmation of Life: Art in Today's Ukraine" at Abington Arts in Jenkintown, PA. The exhibit is on display through...