Saturday, June 4, 2011

Annual Training Begins Today

Yesterday we had a preliminary day--meetings about the coming two weeks of annual training.

I was on a Machine Gun range today.  I went to take pictures and got to fire 300 rounds with an M240B 7.62mm that is the standard weapon for door guns in Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters.  The range has pop-up targets from 300 to 800 meters.  I shot 100 rounds in one rotation and 200 in the 2nd rotation.  Each time I had a chance to hit the 800-meter targets and did not knock them down, just kicked up some dust.  I knocked down the targets at every other distance.  It's a loto of fun to shoot on a range with pop-up targets.

Next week we will have aerial gunnery.  Don't know if I will have a chance to shoot a door gun from a helicopter, but should get good pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir:

    I am no good at this social media stuff. I wanted to e-mail you, but couldn't figure out how to do that, so I am doing it as a comment although it has nothing to do with your post. I totally understand that you will want to take down this comment after you've read it.

    I noticed you were nominated for a Milboggie this year! What an honor! There are thousands of talented and passionate military bloggers out there. The competition is really really tough. I am hoping that these nominees, through their readers and followers can help garner attention to a national tragedy.

    I am looking for hyper-connected bloggers, Facebookers and twitterers who can spread messages to thousands of people at a time.

    I am working on a grass roots effort to honor the 75,000 workers in Oak, Ridge, Tennessee who helped end World War II. Their efforts saved the lives of over 500,000 American soldiers who would have died in an invasion of Japan.

    These workers have never been thanked. They have never been honored. They have been shunned as war criminals. This is wrong. This mistake of history must been fixed.

    The YouTube link is to a 10 minute video about Oak Ridge,Tennessee. In the last 10 months it has gotten over 38,000 hits. It needs to get 500,000 so the nation, and Hollywood in particular, will understand that Americans want this story to be told.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQO7pOfBdxY

    Sometimes the link has not worked. Just google forgivenessonline(yes, one word). My video is the first citation.

    You can make a difference. You can fix this mistake of history. You can help honor these workers.


    Many thanks for your time, your blogging and your service to country.


    Richard Cook

    ReplyDelete

Persia Renamed Iran in 1935 By a Nazi-Admiring Shah

Reza Shah Pahlavi, Nazi devotee In 1935, Reza Shah, founder of the Pahlavi dynasty felt the winds of history blowing across the world. He wa...