Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Office--Great Discussion


This is my new office--the top of the line in trailer living. I thought you might like to see my new digs.
Last night's CSL group book discussion was great. We talked about the Affection (storge) in The Four Loves. In describing each type of love, Lewis follows an arc taking us to the highest and best expressions of love, in this case domestic affection, then dropping us like a Six Flags roller coaster with descriptions of Mrs. Fidget, Mr. Pontifex and Professor Quartz. Two members of the group are counselors and another is a negotiator, so the love gone bad section of the chapter was very useful for them. Next week Friendship or Philia.

4 comments:

  1. That desk looks way too clean for someone actually working. I guess the Army requires you to be highly organized, though. Pretty cushy diggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neil,
    Looks like your Iraq tour gets closer and closer to your CHF job. Except this office doesn't have any window as far as I can see from the picture.
    Work well!
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice digs! Though I agree with Susan-- it needs more clutter to prove to me that you're actually working. I've seen your office here. (It looks like mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan and Sarah--I cleaned up for the picture.
    Brigitte--It does have a window, but outside the window is Iraq. I prefer the window I had that looked inside CHF

    ReplyDelete

Not So Supreme: A Conference about the Constitution, the Courts and Justice

Hannah Arendt At the end of the first week in March, I went to a conference at Bard College titled: Between Power and Authority: Arendt on t...