This game just in from the memery. First rules, then game-time:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog…
3. Write six random things about yourself…
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them…
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog…
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up…
Disclaimer: I talk and write for a living. I tell everything about myself at some point. So the six things will be things most people don't know.
1. I asked for my cell phone in the trauma unit after my big crash last year even before the operation to replace my seventh vertebra. When I tell people I can't live without mean cell phone, I mean it.
2. Ring tones. When my family calls it's "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West. When work calls, "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett.
3. I re-read Machiavelli's The Prince every four years.
4. I read medieval poetry. Dante's Commedia and Le Chevalier au Lion by Chretien de Troyes are among my favorite books.
5. I grew up in Stoneham, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. When I was 12 I rode my bicycle to the Subway at Sullivan Square in Charlestown and took the MTA to Boston to play pinball machines. I got robbed, but the guy who stole my money left me a Subway token. So I got home. Hungry and sore.
6. As far back as I can remember, the scariest person in my family was my Great Aunt Pearl--5 feet tall, 400 pounds, dyed red hair and sweaty. The first time I came home on leave after basic training, my Dad took me to see Aunt Pearl. He smirked. I didn't know where to look. Aunt Pearl ran a Porno shop in Mattapan.
My six tags:
Chrissy Conant aka Chrissy Caviar, her list will be amazing.
The Science Cheerleader She wants the whole world to know and love science the way she does.
Big-Tobacco won't even tell his name and he shouldn't, but I'm passing this on anyway.
Captain Hogwash can make a list from the other side of the world (New Zealand).
Meredith Gould is a prolific and funny author.
And finally, David M, who writes and compiles Thunder Road a vast source of Web info.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I just got out of surgery. Everything went fine. The doc ended up fixing two ligaments and the joint itself. Right now the pain killers are still working & I feel great. I am sure it will be worse later when the nerve block wears off.
Myles P. Caggins, III, promoted today to Colonel Today, I heard one of the best speeches of a man honored in his profession that I he...
On the train to Philadelphia recently, the toilets had water, but the sinks did not in the last two cars. I walked three cars away from m...
The Night Before Basic, Killing Brain and Lung Cells On January 31, 1972, I flew to Texas to begin basic training. On April 2, 2007, te...
Brooklyn-born Amira Talifi, (not her real name) is a helicopter pilot I served with in the Army National Guard. She is one of seven ch...